Sweet Devotion Wedding Cake & Celebration Cake: Terms and Conditions
• Cake designs can be customised but the result is dependent on the information given to Sweet Devotion by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the core designs are approved by the customer during the order process; written descriptions and a diagram will be used to explain what the customer will receive.
• Sweet Devotion will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
• All Sweet Devotion Wedding cakes come with our branded ribbon around the base board as standard unless another colour is requested.
• All Sweet Devotion wedding-favour cookies, Cake pops and other baked/packaged goods come with Sweet Devotion branded ribbon as standard unless another colour is requested.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
• All cakes are delivered with ingredients lists and allergy information for catering staff’s reference. If the bridal couple require this information separately and earlier it should be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07960 373729. An opportunity to request ingredients information is given with both the formal quote and order confirmation. We are unable to send ingredients information out to customers over the weekend.
• All Sweet Devotion wedding cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
• Sweet Devotion offers the facility for gluten-free cakes but we cannot guarantee that trace amounts will not be present.
• Sweet Devotion accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to make Sweet Devotion aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
• We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
Consultation and Tasting
• The samples given in the consultation and tasting are made to approved wedding cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
• The consultation and tasting fee of £20 is redeemable against purchasing a wedding cake. However, please note that we require 72 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule a consultation. Failure to give this notice may result in your fee being non-refundable and non-redeemable.
• Wherever possible, consultations will take place in a suitable venue.
Payment and deposits
• Customers will receive written quotes with a clear breakdown of which costs apply to what aspects of the cake.
• A deposit of 30% of the total bill is required to confirm your order.
• Deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
• The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 30 days before your wedding or event. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but we require the balance closed 30 days prior to delivery.
• Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior to your wedding may result in your cake order being cancelled.
• Payment of deposits and balances must be taken through the Sweet Devotion team. Please call 07960 373729 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. We will be able to send you written confirmation of the changes.
• We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
• Deposits are non-refundable.
• Sweet Devotion wedding cakes can be delivered throughout mainland England.
• Sweet Devotion can deliver to Northern Ireland, Eire and internationally but the circumstances and requirements must be discussed with the wedding-cake team and decisions as to whether this is appropriate will be made on a per-cake basis. Delivery charges for these locations will also be discussed on a per-cake basis.
• Sweet Devotion charge a flat fee of £40 for delivery and assembly in PL1 -21. Sweet Devotion charge £25 per hour and £1 per mile for delivery to venues outside these areas. Sweet Devotion delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location for the specified time (as per the final order confirmation), liaison with the caterer or banqueting manager at your venue and assembly of the cake in-situ.
• Delivery charges are calculated as starting from the baker’s studio in Manadon. The route taken is at the baker’s discretion.
• Delivery charges for journeys longer than six hours are to be discussed on a per-customer basis due the need for driver rest-breaks and possible overnight accommodation.
• Sweet Devotion offers the option for customers to collect their cake free of charge from our baker’s studio in Manadon. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
• Sweet Devotion provides assembly instructions for collect-from-baker cakes. Sweet Devotion accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly.
• Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the components may come in several boxes. They may not be suitable for transporting via public transport.
- Sweet Devotion accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
• For cakes delivered to wedding venues, Sweet Devotion requires a signed delivery note by the caterer to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition, with a photograph as proof.
• All Sweet Devotion wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring. Please tell your caterers to carefully read the care information that comes with the cake on delivery.
• Please take care when displaying your cake at your wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. All Sweet Devotion cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the consultation process. Sweet Devotion accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.
If you have any questions regarding any of our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to call us and we would be delighted to help. email@example.com or phone 07960 373729
Revised 1st Nov 2014